This quarter’s recipients of the coveted Friend of Education distinction from Monroe County Schools show constant support for our students while serving up a good slice.
Eric and Laurie Thomas have been the owners of Jonah’s on Johnston since December 2018. The Thomases have been staunch supporters of our school system ever since. In fact, Laurie had even stronger ties with our school system as she retired this past June as one of our special education ACCESS teachers from Mary Persons High School. Eric and Laurie have been truly amazing with their continued support of education and student success in our community.
Examples of support from Jonah’s include:
- Providing employment opportunities for Mary Persons High School students
- Partnering with Mary Persons High School ACCESS program to provide work-based learning opportunities for special education students
- Supporting and fundraising for the Best Buddies Program
- Supporting our schools’ PBIS incentive programs
- Providing discount coupons for new staff in our district during Teacher Induction
- Donating meal certificates for the MCS Staff Golf Tournament and Teacher of the Year Gift Baskets
- Providing fundraiser spirit nights to support individual students, school and system clubs, as well as athletic teams
Eric, Laurie, and their staff are always just a phone call away from helping out in any way they can. We greatly appreciate their generosity and support of our students, parents, and staff in this community. Monroe County Schools looks forward to continuing the partnership with Jonah’s on Johnston in order to promote the academic success of our students.
We are honored to include Jonah’s on Johnston as a Friend of Education in Monroe County Schools.
A “Friend of Education” is a person or business that is making a profound and positive impact on students, staff, and the community through supporting Monroe County Schools.