Thank you for selecting Monroe County Schools as your destination to enjoy our campuses and athletic events. We strive to provide a well-managed and safe environment. Monroe County Athletics strives for excellence in all that it does. Athletic teams are a reflection of the overall quality of the school system, and a commitment to excellence is expected at all levels of the athletic program. Please adhere to the following expectations during our athletic activities.
- No dogs except service dogs are allowed. No other pets will be granted entry.
- Clear bag policy: Clear plastic, vinyl, that does not exceed 12" x 12" x 6" size are allowed. A clear gallon size Ziploc bag is allowed. No other bags are allowed. If you arrive with a bag not meeting the clear bag policy you will be asked to return the bag to your vehicle before entry to the athletic contest is granted.
- Once patrons leave the athletic event, they will not be allowed to re-enter. Tickets are available on the GoFan app only and will be sold throughout the game. Patrons arriving during later portions of the contest will still have to pay. Fans are asked to have their ticket pulled up for entry before arriving to avoid cellular or Wi-Fi difficulties.
- Children 5 years of age and older must purchase a ticket to enter athletic events.
- Sideline access is restricted to coaches, players, cheerleaders, administration, approved statisticians, and approved media. Fans or other unauthorized personnel are not allowed on the sidelines.
- Monroe County Schools reserve the right to subject fans to hand wands or metal detection devices for further safety measures.
- Per GHSA, profanity, degrading remarks, and intimidating actions directed at officials, competitors, or other spectators will not be tolerated, and are grounds for removal from the event site.
NOTE: Patrons are subject to removal from any athletic contest, with no refund, if the above protocols are not followed. For tournaments and multiple team sporting events, the Athletic Director may implement a re-entry protocol to accommodate fans attending these types of events.
Access and parking for Dan Pitts Stadium at Mitchell Field -- 2023 Football Season
The following guidance is issued for fans attending Mary Persons High School home football games during the 2023-2024 school year.
- The parking area behind Dan Pitts Stadium will accommodate permitted MPHS Touchdown Club members ONLY. Permitted members should enter from Newton Memorial Drive. Attendants will be on hand to assist with organized parking.
- The lot adjacent to the Mary Persons 9th grade campus will NOT be available for parking EXCEPT for concession stand workers, coaches, and players.
- Fans may park on the Mary Persons High School Main Campus (at 300 Montpelier Avenue) for a short walk to the stadium.
- The parking area between the back of the Board of Education office and the stadium/field house is reserved as handicapped parking for those fans in wheelchairs or who need assistance to and from the car. Only fans displaying a legal handicapped permit will be allowed to park in this area. This parking will be available first come, first served.
Fans should note the following in terms of access to the BOE campus and stadium area:
- The BOE campus entrance on Brooklyn Avenue (U.S. Highway 41) will be open for access to all campus parking. Uniformed law enforcement officers, supported by Board of Education staff wearing orange vests, will be on duty to assist patrons with access to appropriate parking.
- There will be NO Parking allowed in the City of Forsyth Cemetery west of Mitchell Field. This will be strictly enforced and persons in violation will be subject to tow or impound.
- There will be NO Parking allowed along the sides or shoulders of U.S. 41 (Brooklyn Avenue). Persons violating this rule will be subject to tow or impound.
- The roadway between the Board of Education campus and the Mary Persons Main Campus will be closed at 5 p.m. to all fan vehicle traffic and used for school bus (local and visiting team) traffic only.
Fans are encouraged to carpool with others as much as possible to reduce the number of vehicles. Attendees also are reminded to be respectful of residential and commercial property in the area.
Mary Persons High School and Monroe County Board of Education appreciates the cooperation of all city and county agencies during the 2023 football season. Our common goal is to make visiting Dan Pitts Stadium at Mitchell Field a pleasant experience.