Stop the Spread, Get Vaccinated
It’s hard to imagine a time when we didn’t know COVID-19 existed. Now when people say “virus,” we know what they mean. The impact of COVID-19 on our lives, our schools, our activities, and our freedom has affected us all.
You’ve kept our schools running through one of the most challenging times in our history. The responsibility is ours, as a community, to help stop this virus.
It takes everyone.
We all need to step up to erase COVID-19. We ask you to join us in protecting our community by getting your family vaccinated.
Vaccination of people 12 and over adds one more layer of protection for you, your family, your community, and your loved ones. Here are some things you should know about COVID-19 vaccination:
- All COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are very effective at preventing the disease.
- The most common side effects are pain in the arm where you got the shot, feeling tired, headache, body aches, chills, and fever.
- Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools we have available—wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands frequently, and getting vaccinated.
Although fewer children have been infected with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can:
- Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
- Get sick from COVID-19
- Spread COVID-19 to others
We want the pandemic to be over. We want you all to feel safe at school and in our community.
We all play a part in this effort, and you are key. Contact the Monroe County Health Department to get your vaccine.
If you have questions about COVID-19 vaccine, visit CDC’s FAQs web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html.